Using 511 Mobile
The Mass511 app provides images from cameras and includes up-to-date highway information on construction, collisions and road closures. It also identifies open rest areas and locations throughout the state that offer food and fuel. The app includes an easy to use map view and features a drive mode that provides hands free audio alerts. Mass511 is available through Google Play and App Store.
Mass511 features a Google-based map that allows you to access information about Massachusetts highways. For information about Google Maps visit the Google Maps Help Centre.
To use the website:
- 1. Select the information you want on the legend – a corresponding icon/line will then appear on the map.
- 2. Click on the icon/line to access more detailed information.
The following tips will help you navigate through the Mass511 phone system.
Dial 511 (within Massachusetts)
Once connected, you will hear a welcome message.
Next, if there are closures in effect, you will hear a list of closures.
- Say the highway you want conditions on, or dial the highway number.
- If there are more than 5 sections within the highway you have selected, you will be prompted to give either a single location or a from and to location
- After your highway section is determined, you will hear road conditions, then any construction information.
- At any time you may say:
- “Skip” to move to the next section
- “Repeat” to hear the information again
- “Start over” to indicate what highway you want information on
- “Agent” or press 0 to speak with a live agent
- “Goodbye” to leave a comment and/or end the call