KEY RESOURCES FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLE OPERATORS
- General Resources – Basic information on operating a commercial vehicle in Massachusetts.
If you're applying for a truck permit, you first want to check if your truck meets the state's regulations. Your truck's weight and height is taken inot consideration before it requires an oversize/overweight permit. Legislation regarding dimensions and weights of trucks and trailers.
Permits & Registration MA
Find out what you need to operate your commercial vehicle in Massachusetts
Request a Truck Permit in MA
Online Truck Permit Application Commercial Truck Permits
Regional Permits & Registration
Find out what you need to operate your commercial vehicle in other regions.
Organizations - links to industry trade organizations
Trucking Association of Massachusetts website (Masstrucking.org)
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- Maine Motor Transport Association (MMTA)
- Motor Transport Association of Connecticut (MTAC)
- New Hampshire Motor Transport Association (NHMTA)
- Rhode Island Trucking Association (RITA)
- Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association
- Trucking Association of New York (TANY)
- Vermont Truck & Bus Association
- Women In Trucking Association
- EZ Drive MA - Massachusetts' all electronic tolling program, which includes E-Z Pass and Pay by Plate MA. The program works without toll booths on the MassTurnpike (I-90), Tobin Memorial Bridge, and the Sumner, Callahan, and Ted Williams Tunnels.
- EZ Pass account - Open and manage an E-Z Pass MA account.
Rest Areas - Locate travel plazas and rest areas
- Rest Area Locator on GeoDOT (including Service Plazas and Visitor Centers)
- Service Plaza Locations (including amenities information) These facilities offer drivers a location to safely pull off the road for a pit stop or a driving break. Services vary by location. All travel plazas have restrooms.
- Park and Ride Locations